What has been your favorite part of the wedding planning process thus far? We know all of our readers are at completely different stages. Maybe you’re working on design or picking the perfect venue. Maybe you’re looking to choose a photographer that fits your vibe or maybe, just maybe, you’ve reached our favorite part. Tastings!
Gone are the days of picking bland and boring food and drinks for the wedding, and instead couples are choosing palettes to delight their guests senses. From wine and cheese pairing stations, interactive appetizer displays, to frothy froze signature cocktails we know that the epicurean journey at weddings is evolving to taste with intention! So what could be better than starting that fun food journey for your event than sampling lots of different yummy food with your fabulous DC wedding caterer? Only one thing and that’s adding wine! And we’re not talking just any wine, we’re talking about wine from the queen of entertaining herself, Martha Stewart.
We’ve got a brilliant idea when it comes to choosing your wedding day wine. Have yourself a wine and food selection day before the BIG day with super quick and easy delivery, hand selected wine varietals, and some of your favorite bites. We are absolutely loving Martha Stewart Wine Co.‘s selection of wine and we are really loving the price tag. Some of our favorites have to be the Cuvèe Joëlle Malbec et Merlot ($10.00), the Coup de Rhone Villages Laudun Blanc ($20.00) and the Racine Côtes de Provence Rosé ($15.00).
- Peruse and pick your top 6 Martha Stewart Wine Co.’s pairings with their extensive collection online. We promise they have it all; from crisps whites, full bodied reds, and trendy rose, really anything your heart desires!
- Receive your box of goodies in the mail within 2-3 days time and pop those babies open.
- Reach out to your caterer to pick up some of your favorite selections from your wedding day menu. **This can be hors d’oeuvres, small versions of your main dishes – really anything you and your caterer can dream up!
- Grab your squad for an afternoon of wine pairings with help from Flourishing Penguin’s Wine Tasting Scorecard.
- Best part? With the swipe of a keyboard you go back to Martha Stewart Wine Co. and order your favorites in bulk. Delivered straight to your door in prep for the big day! No running around trying to find the right quantity and schlepping boxes from retail stores.
- Get ready to party with some of Martha’s favorite wines!
If you’re not exactly sure how to pair wine with your food choices, Martha takes care of that too. There is a whole section of the website that will help you with this. Her wine pairing guide is super helpful and is jam packed full of useful information. And in true Martha fashion, it doesn’t stop there. She also includes food and wine cocktail recipes for all occasions to heighten your hostess with the mostess status.
We love that by going through Martha Stewart Wine Co. you can skip the traditional retail experience without paying an arm and a leg. No more standing in the wine aisle wondering if the wine you’re choosing is what you’re looking for. No more picking out a few wines only to taste them and decide they’re not for you. If you dislike one of Martha’s wines, they will replace it for free. And if you order 6 or more bottles, shipping is free and fast. And come on,if you’re hosting a wine tasting party you know you want at least 6 different bottles. You wouldn’t want your wine tasting scorecard to go to waste!
If you’re still not convinced (but we’re not sure how that’s possible), Martha Stewart Wine Co. is offering our readers 20% off of your first order, plus a free waiter’s corkscrew. Stay tuned as we share how to dress the perfect party table using some of these delish wines from Martha Stewart Wine Co. later in the month!
The following Washington D.C Wedding professionals contributed to our Wine Pairing Party:
Planning & Design: Roberts & Co Events | Host & Venue: Kelley Cannon Events | Photography: Birds of a Feather Photography | Catering: Spilled Milk Catering | Wines: Martha Stewart Wine Co. | Florals: Petals and Promises | Paper & Calligraphy: The Flourishing Penguin | Cake: Catherine George Cakes | Rentals: Select Event Group | Platters & Cutting Boards