When planning your DC area wedding, there can be a lot of choices to make. We know we say that all the time but it’s SO true! Which venue do you choose? Who are the vendors you like? What type of food do you want to serve? And the list goes on and on… take the pressure off yourself and save yourself some time by attending the 2nd annual Alexandria Wedding Showcase! It’s happening Sunday, February 18th at The Westin Alexandria from 11 AM to 3 PM.
With its historic charm, red brick architecture, and stunning waterfront views, Alexandria is frequently rated one of the “Most Romantic Cities in the U.S.” It’s a sought-after location for weddings, and so it’s a perfect location for a wedding show! This year’s event is bigger than ever with more than 60 vendors, a grand prize wedding giveaway, a weekend getaway in Alexandria giveaway, live music, fashion show, and destination experts ready to lend their expertise. Not only is this a killer wedding show, but it’s also an event benefiting Brides Across America. If you don’t know what that is, go check it out. It’s an amazing non-profit committed to gifting weddings and wedding gowns to military and first responder brides.
At the showcase, couples, their families, and friends can visit with more than 60 world-class Alexandria wedding vendors. This includes all the heavy hitters: bakeries and caterers, boutiques, entertainment and music providers, florists, photographers, salons and spas, transportation, and hotels and other unique venues. Attendees will also enjoy specialty cocktails, a champagne bar, live entertainment, an expert wedding panel, and a fashion show highlighting the latest wedding trends. Advance tickets to the Alexandria Wedding Showcase can be purchased online for $20 for one or $15 each for two or more. Tickets are $25 per person the day of the event. Keep reading for the schedule of events and, of course, the amazing prizes! One lucky couple can even win an all-inclusive wedding of their dreams! So awesome!
Schedule of Events
The Alexandria Wedding Showcase will feature on stage events for guests to enjoy between meeting with exhibitors and enjoying cocktails.
11:00 AM: Show Opens
11:15 AM: Celebrate with EastCoast Entertainment’s Perfekt Blend
11:50 AM: Demonstration: Strike a Pose! Photography tips featuring Sarah Marcella Creative
12:15 PM: Discussion: Ask our Expert Wedding Panel
- David Magsumbol, Account Director, The Westin Alexandria
- Annee Gillett, Catering Director, Eat Good Food Group
- Kristin Carrigan, Event Designer, Kelley Cannon Events
1:30 PM: Celebrate with EastCoast Entertainment’s Perfekt Blend
2:00 PM: Discussion: Perfecting your Alexandria Wedding
- Megan Hosford, Destination Wedding Specialist, Visit Alexandria
- Gretchen Bulova, Director, Office of Historic Alexandria
- Valerie Ianierie, Owner, The Old Town Shop
2:45 PM: Prizes! Featuring the Grand Prize: Win a Wedding from The Westin Alexandria
3:00 PM: Au Revoir! Thanks for coming!
Stick around for the prize drawing at 2:45 PM. You won’t want to miss it because you have to be present to win! Please see complete list of rules and regulations here.
- Grand Prize: Your Dream Wedding! Attendees have the chance to win the grand prize, a wedding at The Westin Alexandria for up to 100 guests. The Westin Alexandria will provide the ceremony space, reception space in the Edison Ballroom, a one hour pre-dinner cocktail reception, a plated dinner, lighting and draping throughout the reception space and two complimentary nights in the Presidential Suite. In Addition, the grand prize package also includes linens, chairs, chargers and flatware provided by Select Event Group, photography by Sarah Marcella Creative, floral centerpieces by Velvet Moss Floral for up to 10 tables plus a bridal bouquet or two boutonnieres, and a wedding cake by Alexandria Pastry Shop for up to 100 guests.
- Weekend Getaway in Alexandria: Take a break from wedding planning and have a mini moon before the wedding in Alexandria. The winner of this prize will receive a complimentary two-night stay with breakfast at Lorien Hotel & Spa, lunch for two at Virtue Feed & Grain, dinner for two at Columbia Firehouse, dinner for two at Magnolia’s on King and a $100 Visa gift card to use while shopping at Alexandria’s many independent boutiques.
- LOVE Letters Giveaway: Virginia Tourism Corporation’s iconic LOVE letters make the perfect backdrop for pictures and attendees will be entered for a chance to win a free rental of the white six feet tall white LOVE letters.
- Scout Bag Giveaway: The first 500 attendees will receive a large Scout Tote Bag from the Georgetown-based store.