Fall is officially here! We could not be more excited. Bring on the vests, boots, and comfy sweaters. We love everything about fall. From the crisp air to the leaves on the ground, it’s the perfect stepping stone from the warm summer months into the deep cold of winter. And what could be better than fall weddings?! Not much! Whether you’re looking for a signature cocktail for your DC area wedding day or just some fun sips for a weekend soiree, football game, snuggle sesh, we’ve got you covered. We’ve scoured the internet and found suggestions from friends for the best fall cocktails and their recipes. Check out our favorites below and let us know how your concoctions turned out in the comments! For more fall cocktail inspiration, check out last years favorites: Autumnal Wedding Signature Drinks + Recipes.
SPARKLING APPLE PIE
We have a deep love for anything that is bubbly or sparkling. Combine that with some of our fave fall flavors and we’re hooked. This cocktail is to die for!
- 1 cup Cinnamon Apple Cider
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Caramel Apple Simple Syrup
- 2 cups Apple Cider
- 1 bottle Barefoot Bubbly Brut Champagne
- Apple slices, caramel, gold sprinkles, and additional cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium/high heat, stir together 1 cup apple cider, 1 cup caramel ice cream topping, the ground cinnamon, and 2 cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir to combine.
- Allow to reduce by half, simmering for about 10-15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Dip the rim of your glasses into caramel sauce and then into gold sprinkles.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Pour 1.5 ounces (1 shot) of the Caramel Apple Simple Syrup into the glass.
- Top with 1/2 cup Apple Cider, and then fill to the top with Champagne
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and apple slices. Enjoy!
PUMPKIN SPICE WHITE RUSSIANS
This fun and festive cocktail is proof that pumpkin spice isn’t just for lattes anymore! Give us allllll the pumpkin spice things!
- 4 tbsp Kahlua
- 3 tbsp Coffee-mate Pumpkin Spice liquid creamer
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla vodka
- 2 to 3 tsp canned pumpkin puree
- Sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice
- Combine Kahlua, Pumpkin Spice creamer, vodka, and pumpkin puree in a small cocktail glass; stir until well combined. Add ice.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
SPICED APPLE CIDER
Apple cider is SO fall in our minds. What could be better than adding a few of our favorite fall flavors to an old standby? Oh, and don’t forget the rum, of course!
- 4 cups apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- Optional: nutmeg, cloves
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 1/2 cup spiced apple cider
- 1/2 cup hard cider
- 2-3 dashes lemon bitters
- To make the spiced apple cider, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks and star anise in a sealable container like a mason jar. If using optional spices, add them now. Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Shake well before using.
- To make the autumn spiced rum cider cocktail, fill a rocks glass with ice. Pour the spiced rum and spiced apple cider over the ice. Stir well. Top with hard cider and lemon bitters.
TOFFEE APPLE MARTINI
Toffee should not be confined to a fall flavor since we love it all year round! But, we will say this is a super fun and simple fall cocktail. Yum!
- 40 ml /1 oz butterscotch schnapps
- 120 ml /3 ozs vodka
- 1 cup apple juice
- fresh apple slices (for garnish)
Pour the schnapps, vodka and apple juice into a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and shake well.
Strain into martini glasses and serve with an apple slice garnish.
- 1 1⁄2 oz Pyrat Rum
- 1⁄2 oz Allspice liqueur
- 3 oz Lemon-Pumpkin Soda
- 12 oz Pumpkin puree (use canned, or roast seeded pumpkin at 350° for 45 minutes and puree in a food processor)
- 4 oz Lemon juice
- 2 oz Water
- Add the rum and allspice liqueur to a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top with the Lemon-Pumpkin Soda* and garnish with a bay leaf.
- * To create the soda, add all the ingredients to a soda siphon and charge with 1 CO2 cartridge.
This cocktail is not only perfect for fall but can also carry you into the winter months. It’s guaranteed to bring you that warm and cozy feeling that you’re craving with a sweet, indulgent side!
- 1 marshmallow
- 1 tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 1 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. baileys
- 2 oz. 2% milk
- 1 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- Place your marshmallow in a small pan, over medium heat, and toast until browned (1-2 minutes)
- Meanwhile, rim a lowball glass with chocolate sauce, and dip immediately in graham cracker crumbs.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice, toss in the vodka and bailey’s and shake vigorously (the longer the better. It should be FREEZING cold and well agitated).
- Place 2-3 ice cubes in your glass, pour liquor mixture overtop, fill the rest of the glass with milk, top with toasted marshmallow and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed all of the yummy cocktail inspiration we had for you today. Don’t forget to check out all of our past cocktail inspiration on United with Love!