Are you newly engaged and planning (or thinking about) your wedding in the Washington DC area?? First off, you’ve come to the right place! I suspect that many of you got that beautiful sparkler of an engagement ring over the Thanksgiving weekend. If so, congrats! This is the time of year that kicks off the unofficial wedding engagement season, which runs from Thanksgiving to Valentine’s Day. It is the time of year when most couples become engaged to be married and thus the time when most couples begin to plan their wedding.
Photo Credit: Lauren Werkheiser in Old Town Alexandria Engagement Session
If you are in the newly engaged camp and thinking about a wedding in Washington DC, Maryland and/or northern Virginia, I wanted to take a quick time out and share with you some helping posts – a bit of how we do things around these wedding blog parts! Planning a wedding is very overwhelming, even worse than waiting to become engaged! Here are my personal favorite posts that we’ve done on the blog that I hope you’ll find helpful. Bookmark this page, check back often and hang on. Wedding planning – especially in the DMV – is a wild ride!
- Newly Engaged Or New Here? – This is a page that I wrote for all of our new readers. If you are looking for a place to start or want to find out more about United With Love and how we do things, start here.
- Once You Become Engaged! – This is a blog post that where we rounded up all of the best advice from wedding planners in the DC area about what couple’s should do once they become engaged. You’ll be surprised at their answers!
- What Real Couples Wish They Knew Before Planning Their Wedding – Here is the real deal advice from actual couples that we have featured on the blog. It is full of advice and everything they wish they knew before they started planning their wedding.
- Advice For The Newly Engaged – When you are ready to start planning your wedding in the DMV, here is some advice for how to get started.
- Advice From Real DMV Newlyweds – After each real wedding we feature, we always ask couples to share any wedding planning advice. In this post, we rounded up some of the best wedding planning advice from the real couples in the DMV that we have featured.
So, that’s my list of the best getting-started-planning-your-wedding advice posts that we’ve featured on the blog thus far! This should be more than enough to get anyone started who is new to this DMV wedding blog, or who just received their engagement ring and is thinking about a wedding in the DC region. We’ve featured so many different and helpful DC area wedding planning posts over the years, so today’s posts will be more than enough to get you started and then you can look around and just dig deeper and deeper yourself as you begin your wedding planning process.
Let us know, what is your best advice for planning a wedding in the DC area? Leave a comment for us!